With the excitement of your Seychelles vacation building up and the days left on your count down getting less and less, it’s time to consider your road trip packing list for Seychelles. Planning what you’ll bring with you ahead of time can prevent stress, and arranging a car rental in Seychelles ahead of time is important. Get the most out of your Seychelles vacation by putting together a packing list that includes essentials, clothes and everything you could possibly need.
Planning your holiday is part of the fun, from figuring out which attractions in and around Mahé and Praslin you absolutely need to experience, to choosing your holiday accommodation and ideal Seychelles car hire. Driving in Seychelles is an adventure on its own, and hiring a car in Mahé or Praslin opens up doors for all sorts of adventures and discoveries you may have missed while catching a cab. Experience the naturally profound and ecologically significant Vallee De Mai National Park or beaches like Beau-Vallon and Anse Lazio at your own pace, and let the magic of Seychelles take over.
So what should your road trip packing list for Seychelles include? This will largely depend on the activities you’re planning to engage in during your stay. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Passports and travel documents (all confirmations of bookings and transfer/hotel vouchers)
- Drivers licence (at Kreol Services, you only need to present a legible licence from your country of origin for your Seychelles car hire)
- Credit cards and cash in euros
- Health insurance documents
- A diving certificate (this is needed if you want to scuba-dive, however you can also take a diving course in Seychelles)
Clothes and Toiletries
- Light, summery clothes (dresses, shorts, tank tops) and shoes (flip flops, sandals)
- Sun hats, caps and sunglasses
- Suntan lotion and after sun
- Mosquito Repellent
- All prescription medication
- Basic medicine
- Bathing suits and beach towels
- A waterproof bag to keep your belongings safe if it rains
- An umbrella
- UV ocean wear for snorkelling, diving or swimming
- Snorkelling gear (if you own this, bring it along)
- Smart clothing for formal dinners or luxury hotels
- Sports clothes and hiking shoes
- Camera (waterproof if possible)
- Power bank
- Power Adapter (British 3 pin system)
- Drone (for amazing aerial views)
- Water bottle
- Earphones and earplugs
- All charging cables
When planning your vacation to Seychelles, consider your holiday itinerary and what you’ll need to make every moment truly spectacular. All the planning that you do before you arrive, such as arranging your Mahé or Praslin car rental and booking your accommodation and activities, means less stress and uncertainty during your stay.
Add items to this list that are relevant and important to you. Research and find out what to expect of your vacation in Seychelles and make sure to pack a bag for the flight that includes a change of clothes for the lovely weather of this Indian Ocean Island.